New technologies are changing the habits of consumers, who increasingly use mobile phones or computers to make all kinds of purchases and sales. Therefore, regardless of their size, companies are focusing great efforts on the so-called “E-Commerce.”
Also called electronic commerce is the purchase and sale of goods, products or services through the Internet. The data show that we are facing a movement that revolutionizes how we interact as consumers with the commerce sector.
Companies take advantage of the possibilities of e-commerce to achieve the following advantages:
- Open every day of the year: consumers do not need to leave home to make their purchases and can do them at any time.
- Save costs: the expenses in catalogs and postal mail and maintenance of physical premises are eliminated.
- Increase sales: customers around the world compare prices and product details before making their purchase. They feel like they are in control.
What criteria should an e-commerce expert follow to do their job well?
Competition in e-commerce is fierce, so experts must go for the best marketing strategy to gain ground from their rivals. We have spoken with two specialists in the field to explain the work of professionals who exploit the benefits of the Internet to get the most out of business.
Types of e-commerce
Depending on who participates in the transactions, there are several types of e-commerce. These are the best known:
- B2B (Business-to-Business): companies that trade with other companies or organizations.
- B2C (Business-to-Consumer): companies that trade with consumers. It is the most common.
- B2E (Business-to-Employee): companies that trade with their employees.
- C2C (Consumer-to-Consumer): commerce between individuals, consumers who buy and sell to other users.
- G2C (Government-to-Consumer): institutions that allow their citizens to carry out procedures online.
If, as a professional, you are interested in the world of electronic commerce, both from the commercial sector or to specialize in e-commerce services, we recommend that you train correctly. Through the state public employment service, the Ministry of Labor provides various types of courses adapted to the needs of workers, the self-employed and the unemployed. Find out on our website about the possibilities it offers you in the field of ecommerce, always with free courses compatible with your job and activities.
If you want to learn more about electronic commerce, do not miss our articles on the different platforms available or the keys to overcoming the psychological barriers that cause distrust in consumers.
Also Read: 7 Marketing Tips For Small Shops